Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Architecture and Happiness

The big move is getting frighteningly close, in fact, it is this Sunday. I am sitting in mild panic amongst boxes and bags on my bedroom floor.

Thankfully there are a few inspirations helping me to push through.

I am currently reading the Architecture of Happiness by Alain De Botton

It's all about the wonderful world of architecture and how buildings and interior decoration can act on our moods and emotions, and the legitimacy of beauty in architecture over thrift and frugality. As someone who has always had a love affair with old buildings I am adoring reading this book.

Botton beleives that architecture can help us to aspire to be better people by reminding us of our values.

South Sydney

This building motivated me to finish my university degree even though I was having a hard time getting through it. How could I have possibly left this gorgeous space prematurely.

I'd love to know if anyone else has a building that has inspired them.

No comments:

Post a Comment